Senior Companion Program
The Senior Companion Program provides an opportunity for volunteers age 55 and better to support the desire of elderly Minnesotans to live independently. Senior Companion volunteers support elderly individuals who have difficulty with daily living tasks. They also enable elderly Minnesotans to live independently by providing transportation to essential activities such as medical appointments and household errands.
- A non-taxable stipend of $2.65 per hour (minimum of 15 hours of service per week to qualify).
- Transportation reimbursement and stipended time off.
- Ongoing training and recognition.
- Accident and liability insurance while volunteering.
- Possible meal on site.
To qualify as a volunteer
- You must be 55 years of age or older and in good general health.
- Be flexible and available with service activity schedule.
- Have dependable transportation available and is willing to travel in the service area.
- Have compassion, patience, flexibility and respect for others.
- Work well with diverse individuals, families, groups and organizations.